Letter to Valentine

 I had waited for you - long before I knew words are right

Before silence can speak what you cannot

Before I understand that seconds are also long

That time, often than not - is inconsolable once lost.


I never revered at the abstract quality

When I close my eyes to things I cannot see

Because I was blind, all that was obvious

So I listened from the echoes of still silence.

 

I surround walls of cobbled stones and trash

Rather than carry a brick I can scoop and hurl

So I can create a ladder as high as you wall

Before then, I will find silence deafening.

 

I had waited for you - long before I knew you right

Before the stillness of words not spoken

Ripped and bleed us both like the knife we are

I must have look silence, for the blade is blood.

                         -K.D.

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Error

The Spaces In Between